Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sick

I have a cold. It's not life threatening, but it's annoying. I hate having to blow my nose every five minutes; or worse yet, when you try to blow your nose and nothing happens because it's so clogged with mucus. Yuck!

I installed Inquisitor as a Safari plug-in. I know a lot of people like to use Firefox, and so do I. But I like to use native Cocoa applications because of how well they integrate with OSX. For example, Option-Clicking doesn't automatically download a file in Firefox. And pressing Cntrl + Command + D while the cursor is hovering over a word doesn't bring up Mac's dictionary.

The one feature that I would love to see integrated into Safari is Firefox's search feature. I love that it gives me a status bar on the bottom of the browser and searchs real-time as I type. And then I can click "next" and "back" (I think) to scroll through the document looking for a string. I downloaded some kind of Safari plug-in from PimpMySafari.com that gave me this same kind of functionality, but every time Safari got upgraded it wouldn't work for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home