Thursday, April 13, 2006


DSC_3299
Originally uploaded by brrm.

Yeah, I want a MacBook Pro. But I'd also really like to have a TiBook. I've always had an affinity for the older, vintage Macs. Now that Macs are moving towards the Intel side and natively running Windows, I'm craving the original Mac OS 9. I want a machine that allows me to go super hardcore Mac.

Also, like a beat up Fender Telecaster or a dirty Harley Davidson, a well worn TiBook wears it's character the same way a broken in bomber jacket does. It has a certain personality of it's own. Because the pain on the top and sides could be so easily worn off from the constant rubbing of forearms on the surface of the computer every TiBook has it's own unique appearance.

Plus, you can't beat the fact that they are hella' cheap when it comes to computes. I guess because by todays standards they are hella' dated. But I think if I picked up a TiBook and carried that around it would be to celebrate the fact that it's not as fast as a McIntel or that the ports on the back wouldn't get through a single day in most people's offices.

Walking around with a TiBook is like driving a vintage MG convertbile. Yeah, it still gets you there, maybe not as fast and maybe not as comfortable, but with a whole lot of style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home