Saturday, March 25, 2006

Call me a sadist if you want to, but sometimes I love to see someone kicked while they're down. This Gizmodo article shows that the movie theatre industry has officially switched to "tread water" mode.

There is no way in hell that a movie theatre, even with the most diabolical audio and visual technology, is going to win out against my couch. I don't have to put up with traffic getting to the theatre, I won't have to find parking or worry about my car getting dinged in the parking lot by a hyper active kid getting out his mom's piss poor parking job with her goliath SUV. I won't have to pay 4x the going rate for Mr. Pibb and popcorn. I won't have to pretend not to notice that the guy sitting next to me is burping salamie and wearing five pentagram rings all on the same hand. Anyways, you get the point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home