Sunday, February 05, 2006

Waiting

I should have sprung for the extra $18 for expedited shipping on my new PowerBook, but I thought because there was no hurry, I could just wait. Well, it turns out I forgot that I'm totally impatient about these types of things. So now I'm checking my order status 3 or 4 times a day and cringing when I look at at the estimated arrival date so far in the future.

I'm still debating on what I should do with my old Gateway desktop. I was going to fix fix it up and install XP and/or Vista on it. But now I'm thinking about installing Suse Linux on it. But than I'm also thinking about selling it on eBay and using the proceeds to add more RAM to my two PowerBooks. (My 17" has 1GB and the new 12" comes with a stock 512MB)

I spent this morning at Starbucks, Barnes & Noble and Best Buy. I found more than a couple of books that I wanted to buy at BN (e.g. Hacking the Xbox: An Introduction to Reverse Engineering).

As usual, I saw about a thousand things at Best Buy that I categorize in various stages of "want" to "need". I really like Belkin's new F5U237 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Hub. I saw a picture on Flickr where somebody has stashed a USB hub underneather their PowerBook being supported by an iCurve.

Other than that there isn't too much to report about this weekend. I would have like to have spent more time working on my Mac OS X/Unix page, but I wasn't feeling too well due to allergies. Hopefully this upcoming week will be a little better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home