Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Liz in the ER - New Year has Great Start



My poor wife Elizabeth ended up in the emergency room this morning. A few days ago some wierd skin lesion starting forming on her right calf. We didn't think anything of it. But over the days it got worse and worse. New Year's Eve she was having trouble walking. We decided that she should see our doctor first thing Monday morning. Unfortunately, like a lot of businesses, our doctor's office was closed Monday. We were able to get another doctor from the same office to call us back. He advised we go to theh ER and have one of the MDs there drain the offending abscess. So a quick trip to the Methodist and *bang*boom*, we had a drained leg and a prescription for Vicodin.

The doctor we worked with told us it was Staph infection was is common in climates like South Texas. She told us it is potentially very serious and that if we put it off Liz could have ended up in the hospital. That sucks.

Liz is recuperating with her leg up and surfing the web on my PSP - I knew that was a smart purchase. Sophia has been very good while Mommy stays in bed. It wasn't exactly how I wanted to spend my day off, but I'm glad I was here and able to take her. She was totally out of commission. I'll keep you guys posted as she regains her health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home